Talk about a profitable situation. The Hollywood Reporter states that Jersey Shore breakout star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is poised to make almost five million dollars this year.
“We are really excited about all the opportunities coming Mike’s way,” said Sorrentino’s manager, Mike Petolino of Gotham Entertainment. “He has been able to secure many endorsement deals, business opportunities and additional television offers based on the success of the show. Our goal has always been to try to build a brand if the situation presented itself.”
Among the deals and opportunities:
- $60,000 an episode after bonus incentives, based on ratings, and event-appearance fees from $15,000-$50,000
- an abs-focused fitness video “The Situation Workout”
- a chewable-supplement line distributed in association with GNC
- working with Gotham Books to pen his autobiography, “Here’s the Situation,” which a source said earned him a six-figure advance
- further endorsements with Vitaminwater and Reebok and a deal for a clothing line with Dilligaf
Wow, not bad for someone who was previously an assistant manager of a Staten Island fitness center and an exotic dancer.
Normally I am quite critical of such things, but I have to admit I am impressed with this. He really turned nothing into something, and seems to be pretty on top of all his choices, unlike some of his castmates that I will not name right now. I just hope he has the talent to back this up, or else he’ll end up being an even bigger joke than some people already hope he is.
What do you think? Is this a “Situation” well earned?